1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

wiring help

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by ejb40, May 2, 2011.

1. ejb40

ejb40 Junior Member
    from ny

i have a 05 2500hd that came when i bought it with a wiring harness under the bed my friend say you can hook up lights on a backrack from that plug so i find mine which is nicely wrapped from the factory only problem is the tag that has the color that tells you what is what is faded out and cant read it can anyone help me out thanks

2. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

That is for a trailer hitch harness. If you are looking for power it will be the larger red wire. It will not be connected to the fuse box under the hood yet. You will find that wire harness near the fuse box and maybe under the master brake reservoir. You also might have 2 of these. One is for the harness at the back of the truck and the other for the harness you have found.

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

That is the gooseneck harness. If the rear plug by the hitch is in place then the wires should be attached at the power disruption box. the wires colors normally are

Red - 12 volt aux
    brown - tail marker
    green - right turn
    yellow - left turn
    white - ground
    blue - trailer brakes
    light green - reverse

4. ejb40

ejb40 Junior Member
    from ny

thanks you very much