1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wiring help on 2011 silverado

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by tyreese27, Nov 25, 2013.

1. tyreese27

tyreese27 Member

I have a 2011 chevy silverado and bought a used meyer drive pro from a buddy of mine. I got the plow mounts and plow on, but need to do the electrical part now. I have good idea how to hook everything up but am little confused on wiring the headlights up. I hope to have someone that has a chevy truck or knows what to do and walk me through that part.

I have three wires and a plug for each headlight, I'm guess there is a plug somewhere by the headlight to plug that in? And with the three wires im guessing the black is the ground so hook that to the frame and then the green and yellow slice them with the same color wires on the head light?

[​IMG]

2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Is that all you have? Missing modules and two more sets of wiring.

3. tyreese27

tyreese27 Member

Nah I have everything this is just picture of both pairs of wires for the two headlights ones for the left and other for the right.

4. kimber750

5. tyreese27

tyreese27 Member

Thanks for that. So seems like butt slice the green and yellow wires from the plow cable to the headlight green and yellow wires.

6. kimber750

Green to turn signal. yellow to park light.

7. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

READ the instructions. Those wires have nothing tp do with your headlights as Kimber is telling you they are turn and parking. You should have a set of headlight adapters with that system, the headlights should be plug and play.

WARNING don't splice or cut into the headlight wiring the computer will have a hissy fit.

8. nwilson1211

nwilson1211 Junior Member

Just did a lot pro on my 08 Silverado 2500hd. Give me a call on Friday or over weekend and I can look at mine and let you know. Took me a while to get mine right as Meyer has a pretty generic set of instructions. Nice plow, you will be happy when you get it all done!

Neil
    913 378-8899