1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wiring Help. Lights Won't Work

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by redtred, Oct 2, 2010.

1. redtred

redtred Junior Member
    from Maine

I instaled the wiring in my truck and tried the plow for the first time and don't have all the headlights working. I'm having a hard time figuring out what I did wrong.
    The truck is a 2000 Chevy Silverado 2500. Its a 3 port module, 3 plug harness. The truck has DRL's. My plow is a MM1.

What works are all the hydrolics, parking lights, and directionals on both sides.

When I have high beams on, only the drivers side plow light works and the truck headlights are off. With the low beams on, the truck lights switch on and no headlights work on the plow. The directionals and parking lights work on the plow regardless of headlight selection.
    Any suggestions are apprecieated.

2. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

If its a 3 port like u said try flipping the connectors around where the factory plugs connect to the plow harness they can co in either direction a or b. Did u ck what wires where ur ground and plug them correctly?

3. redtred

redtred Junior Member
    from Maine

No I didn't check which wires were ground. I must have all but that one HB circuit backwards. Good thing its easy to take the headlights out. I will reverse them and see if that fixes it. Thanks.

4. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

Let us know