1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wiring Harness

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by TomB...IN, Dec 18, 2008.

1. TomB...IN

TomB...IN Member
    from Indiana

Hey guys,

I just recently purchased a used plow (S# 25D). I havent had any luck finding wiring for the truck. I would like to try and save as much money as possible, and it seems like a new harness is very$$$. Would it be nuts to try and make a harness myself? Ive searched everywhere for a used one (ebay, craigslist, here). Let me know what ya'll think. Or better yet if anyone has a harness and wants to sell it.

Happy Plowing,
    Tom

2. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

DO NOT try to make one. The money is well spent to buy the right harness.

3. TomB...IN

TomB...IN Member
    from Indiana

The reason I mentioned trying to make one is I cant find one that will fit my needs.

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

What truck?

5. TomB...IN

TomB...IN Member
    from Indiana

Basher,

2004 F150, I dont know if they ever made a harness specific for this truck. Could it be possible to get one made for another truck and modify it to work? Im open to any and all thoughts.

Thanks
    Tom

6. rhkfwain

rhkfwain Senior Member
    from FWA, IN

If you are talking about the light harness, you will need:

(1) 99100529 Main Light Harness and,
    (1) 99100655

If you are in need of power or control wiring, here is a link to the manual for your plow so that you can identify exactly what you need.

http://www.snoway.com/service/Parts Manuals/97100204j.pdf

Hope that this helps.

7. TomB...IN

TomB...IN Member
    from Indiana

Rick thanks for the reply. I need ALL the wiring. Lights controller truck harness. Everything truck side. The problem is I cant seem to find a "package deal"

Tom

8. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I think we have it all in stock except the mount, though if you check with Kim (phone number is on the web page) we might..

9. TomB...IN

TomB...IN Member
    from Indiana

any idea of price? and what all does it include?

thanks basher,
    Tom

10. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

11. TomB...IN

TomB...IN Member
    from Indiana

Hey Basher, or any one else,

I had a gentleman contact me about a used mount.He has a 3pin mount that came off of an 2001 F150. Would that work on my truck? or could it easily be adapted to work by a fab shop?

Tom

12. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

No the 04 isn't compadable, but I have a 99100300 which should fit your truck.
    Call me tomorrow at the 888 number on my webpage. 8-12 EST

13. coastal

coastal Junior Member

To anyone:

Sorry new to the site and now sure about the navigation yet, but trying to find a snow way 99100528 for a Jeep Wrangler. Anyone got one or know where I can get one. Thanks!

14. yamahartx

yamahartx Junior Member
    from Iowa

Sure wish this was answered. Since I was schedule to pick up a 2008 plow in the morning with out a harness and have no clue on estimated cost for one will be. (disappointed not able to find something to help)