1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wiring harness

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Bicweet34, Dec 10, 2013.

1. Bicweet34

Bicweet34 Junior Member

I'm taking a unimount plow off an older truck 1990 Chevy and putting it on a gmc 2500. The mount matches up and I'm simply waiting for the new bolt kit to arrive.
    The wiring harness is a 9 pin that I'm going to try and utilize again. However the newer truck 1995 gmc 2500 has drl's. Will it still work or am I wasting my time?
    I read a manual that says I should use a 12 pin system. It's simply a truck to use on my driveway and my rental next door. Will the lights still work? Can I simply disengage the fuse for DLR's?
  2. GONZO911

GONZO911 Member

unimount wiring

If you are familiar with reading schematics for wiring, you can log onto westernplows.com and then select parts and service. From there select service publications, then snow plows, unimount, mechanics guides, and then straight blades. When the document opens, scroll down to page 15 which shows the 9 pin wiring and page 16 which has the 12 pin. It lays out the differences. Most noticeable is the 3 relay system for the headlights instead of the two relays. 12 pin uses one relay for high beams and one each for right and left low. If you work at it anything is possible! Good luck!
  3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

It'll work. You would need to tap into an ignition hot wire as a substitute to switch between trk and plow lights