1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wiring harness questions?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Diesel Freak, Oct 4, 2012.

1. Diesel Freak

Diesel Freak Junior Member

a few months ago i bought a boss v ploy. could not tell u what year. went to hook up the wiring harness and found out that the previous owner had hacked the crap out of this thing. i have the plug for the controller and headlight toggle switch. what i am missing is the relays. i have one out of the four or five that it comes with.. my ? is there any way that i can hook this thing up so it will run plow and lights without messing up the truck or melting wires. thanks

2. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Unless you have the wiring diagram or are an expert electrical mechanic I would just go and get a new harness to be safe. Especially if the other guy has it all hacked up and spliced together somehow.

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Good advice. A complete harness isn't that pricy anyway, at least not in comparison to some of the other plow brands.

4. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Easiest thing you can do it just buy a brand new harness.

5. Mopard

Mopard Senior Member

What parts are still missing truckside when you order a new harness from Boss? I mean what else do you need to gather up if you're starting from scratch again? Solenoid, toggle, power/ground ... covers? Is it a kit or just the bare harness?

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You can buy as a complete truck side kit, which provides everything (including a controller) except the vehicle specific items, obviously the mount and headlight adapters.

Or you can purchase just the main (the only really) harness by itself.

7. Mopard

Mopard Senior Member

Thanks B&B, I just ordered a harness assuming it would come with everything I needed except for the controller. Now I'm not sure what is coming. It was around $200 so it obviously doesn't come with the controller. Ordered the headlight adapters and mount separate.

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

For $200 you'll only be getting the main harness itself. Although of course that includes everything from the control plug to the grill plug and everything in between including the relay pack.

9. Mopard

Mopard Senior Member

Hey B&B, you know if Boss sells a kit that includes everything you need truckside except the controller?

10. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Yes as a matter of fact there is. An MSC15102 kit gives you everything electrical on the truck side except the controller.

11. Mopard

Mopard Senior Member

Thanks man!