1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wiring harness question

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by snowdays, Nov 20, 2009.

1. snowdays

snowdays Senior Member
    from Ohio

I am new to Westerns and have a pump that is the electric style (no cables). I need a control harness and controller. I have looked on their site and see different wiring that has a different number of pins. It seems they are different by the mounting. What is the difference between the different mounts..Unimount and Ultramount? The blade I have is the old style that just pins on. Thanks.

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Its not the mount that determines the harness but the type of headlights, make and year of truck.

As for the differance in the mounts, the uni uses 4 pin points to attach the blade the ultra is a fork and socket type mount.

As for the harness that you need, what type of mount do you have? Conventional, where the pump and headlights stay on the truck or uni, where the pump and lights stay with the plow? What make, model, year and headlight type for the truck?