1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

wiring harness problem

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by andyman0291, Nov 22, 2008.

1. andyman0291

andyman0291 Senior Member

i just installed my fisher plow harness on my 2001 ford f250. got the kit from donovan truck equipment in nh. they screwed up and forgot to give me an adapter. drove back got the adapter, and continued only to find that the headlight harness is not the correct style for my vehicle!! its says 9007 which i have, but it also says 9004. does fisher make an adapter that will fit into the fisher side, then go to my truck harness. without it the lights will not work. what should i do? go back to donovan and have them look at it? any input is appreciated. if they screwed up then it should be their responsibilty to fix it.

tom

2. Doakster

Doakster Senior Member
    from Maine

What is the plow you are installing?

Fisher has changed their harnesses so that they are on "fit all" type connector. Go back and look at the connector and you should be able to rotate it 90degree from how you are currently trying to install it and the plug should go right in. The plug should fit two types of headlight plugs just depends on how the orientation of the plug is.

It's a little tricky if you haven't been told this or don't realize it.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2008
  3. VanceTrendov

VanceTrendov Junior Member

http://images.dieselpowermag.com/fe...per_Duty_Diesel+Passengers_Side_Headlight.jpg

http://images.cars.com/main/DMI/184640/RA48041.jpg

i dont know much all i know is ford has two different type of headlights.

4. Doakster

Doakster Senior Member
    from Maine

5. andyman0291

andyman0291 Senior Member

i do not see anywhere that it could possibly rotate....

6. Doakster

Doakster Senior Member
    from Maine

By rotate i don't meat that the plug physically rotates about itself....If you twist the end of it one way or the other it will line up or one type of plug or the other.

Can you take a picture of the plug and post it? What plow/harness it this for?

7. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

try reading this....might help.....Fisher B5

8. Doakster

Doakster Senior Member
    from Maine

That doesn't exactly explain what I am trying to convey, unfortunately Fisher doesn't touch on the multiple plug that they use on their harnesses in their directions.

9. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

no.....but they DO offer another adapter.

10. Doakster

Doakster Senior Member
    from Maine

Right...Now if andyman would just say what his plow it than it would give a hint if he had the multi plug or not. I think they started putting them on the harnesses 2-3 years ago.

11. Brian Simmons

Brian Simmons PlowSite.com - Sponsor

If this is a 4 port harness you will need to insert the wires depending on the headlamp type. If this is a 3 port the harness is preconfigured for HB-5 and you need to swap a couple of wires on the blue connector, and make sure the Appropriate side of the reversible connector is plugged in. This is covered in the install instructions. Both harnesses will work on a HB1 or HB5.

Brian

Last edited: Nov 24, 2008