1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wiring harness plug

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by Bob Henry, Feb 10, 2008.

1. Bob Henry

Bob Henry Junior Member

I love the Hiniker plows except it is a little difficult to get parts if they break, which is rare. Does anyone know if the round plug that hangs out of the front of the truck side is available or do you have to replace the complete harness. Some of the pins broke off in one of my plugs?
  2. W8N4snow

W8N4snow Member

"IF" theres a plug available, you'll need to splice all of the wires to it which might not end up to be the most reliable. It is a molded over plug end with no way to take it apart. The pins are rolled flat metal, chromed brass maybe, so they are hollow in the center. See if you can insert a pin or nail in the broken off pin for contact. You may need to play with the length until you get it right. This would obviously be a short term fix until you could budget for a replacement. I have a used 6- function harness for a C or V plow I'd be willing to part with if you're interested :rolleyes:.

Stick a pin or nail into the broken pins and see if you can get contact. It should have enough grip to hold temporarily but you probably won't be able to disconnect it alot.

The plug itself is overmolded and doesn't come apart.
  3. Cooter24

Cooter24 Senior Member
    from NE Iowa

This is the only thing I do not like on Hiniker's plows. I am afraid on doing the same thing. They can get pretty stiff at sub zero temps.
  4. Bob Henry

Bob Henry Junior Member

How much do you want for the harness? Is it the complete underhood harness? I did some checking and I have an old style harness and it would be good to upgrade to the new style. I actually am not missing any pins, my old style harness has less pins. If I hook up a new plow to the old style harness my headlights will not work. I would like to have all of my trucks with the same harness so we can switch the plow around when something breaks. Thanks Bob 630-740-3411
  5. Bob Henry

Bob Henry Junior Member

I have done some calling around and one Hiniker dealer told me that there is a replacement pigtail available for the round plug on the Hiniker. The truck side is part number 38813074 and the plow side is PN 38813075. I was also told that you could purchase just the pins that go in these plugs but did not get the part number. I guess the pins must come out but I am not going to test out that assumption on my plug! Does anyone know if they come out?