1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wiring Harness part number

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by FFColburn, Mar 1, 2011.

1. FFColburn

FFColburn Junior Member

I just bought a 79' Chevy K20 and need to get the a plow put on it yet, Western Conventional and need to know what the part number is for the light wiring harness for this truck?

2. Nasty-Z

Nasty-Z Senior Member

Should have the round 2D style headlights , if so it is Western P/N 59805 for the plug in style headlight harness .

TOM

3. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

http://www.westernplows.com/wp/index.php

Go to this link and click on quick match. The program will ask you questions about your exact vehicle specs, then it will ask you what kind of plow you have. Finally it will give you a list of all the parts you would need including the headlamp harness. But be sure you select the correct headlamp type. All bulbs say on them what they are. Sealed beams have it cast into the glass in the front and the type with the small bulbs that come out of the back have it written on the base of the bulb. Don't guess at this because these harnesses are not cheap and nobody likes to bring in special orders only to send them back.

4. FFColburn

FFColburn Junior Member

Thanks for the part number found what I'm looking for, that quick match option is not for older plow set-ups, Ultramount is the only mount Western is using now there for the quick match number vs. the number I needed for a conventional style set up are 2 entirely different harnesses.

5. Nasty-Z

Nasty-Z Senior Member

The part # I posted is the correct one you need , however I referenced the incorrect lights on your Chevy , they should be the 2B (not the 2D I referenced) Same harness # but I just wanted to clarify. Guess I sausage fingered it while typing.

Hope it helps

TOM

6. FFColburn

FFColburn Junior Member

Nasty, you did give me the right number, the other member did not, the link doesn't give you anything except new equipment numbers. But yes it did help I was able to find what I was looking for thanks.