1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wiring Harness from 94 Chevy for a 2004 GMC?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by bersh, Nov 27, 2007.

1. bersh

bersh Senior Member

I recently picked up a 2004 GMC 2500HD, and I'm going to take everything off my 1994 Chevy 1500 and reuse all that I can on the new truck. I realize I'm going to need new brackets, but other than that I assume I can just reuse all of the existing wiring harnesses from my 94? The reason I ask is that the local Fisher dealer insists that I need a new wiring harness at the tune of around $240. This seems odd to me as the new truck uses the same headlamp bulbs as the old one.

Thanks,

Scott

2. bersh

bersh Senior Member

I just thought of something. Does the fact that the new truck has Daytime Running Lamps have anything to do with this? The 1994 didn't have DRLs.

Thanks,

Scott

3. xeonpro

xeonpro Member

I believe you are going to need a new harness.
    I went from an '06 to a 07.5(NBS) and needed a new harness :-\

4. bersh

bersh Senior Member

Do you think I'll need a new harness, harness & module, or just the module? I guess I can understand the module needing to be replaced, but the headlamp harness seems like it should work as the bulbs are the same for both trucks.

I'm heading over to the dealer in a little bit, so I guess I'll see what he says. I just don't want to end up buying a bunch of stuff that I'm not going to need.

Thanks,

Scott

5. bersh

bersh Senior Member

Never mind everyone, I just bought the entire kit. I didn't realize that the kit included the module and all the wiring I will need - thought everything was separate.

Thanks,

Scott

Last edited: Nov 28, 2007