1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

wiring harness for boss spreader

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by captjack, Jan 8, 2003.

1. captjack

captjack Member

I can get a good deal on a stainless boss v-box. I doesn't have the controler or harness on the truck side.
    Boss is very proud of there wiring, they want around $700 for the harness alone.

I have seen the ones for buyers brand spreaders, they are alot cheaper. Will they work?

Where can I get the quick-disconnect plus cheap?

2. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

I would use a Western or Air Flo control panel. Both have the same 3 switches. Engine on/off (Air Flo has on/off anda starter button), throttle control, clutch on/off. The Air Flo has an extra switch for a light, but is is easier to tap into the generator wire coming off the spreader engine. That way when the spreader is running, the light is on.

If I recall correctly, a Western controller with harness was $170.

3. captjack

captjack Member

Chuck, Thank you for your advise

FORDNUT Junior Member

Boss sander wiring

Any control will work.
    You need one wire to trigger solenoid from ign. switch,
    one wire to trigger elec. clutch
    two wires to throttle control, thats it
    Good Luck
  5. Alan

Alan PlowSite.com Addict

Re: Boss sander wiring

BUT, the two wires from the throttle control ned to be run through a DPDT switch so the throttle will go in both directions. And that switch realy should be spring centered, momentary on. The whole shebang needs to get power from somewhere and that should be fused. The power can come from the spreader battery or the truck.

It's pretty easy to do, I put together a built in control box for my spreader, takes a while to get it all right.