1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wiring harness for 2013 Chevy 1500

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by thumerzs, Nov 17, 2013.

1. thumerzs

thumerzs Junior Member
    from Ohio

Bought a Western Mid-weight on Ebay that was supposed to include a compatible headlight harness for my 2013 Silverado.

Everything seems compatible with the exception of the headlight harness. I've never installed one of these before but believe the idea is simply that the OEM headlight plugs into the plow harness and then the plow harness has a plug to fit the headlight.

Western is calling for a 29400-5 harness. The only two numbers I'm finding on the harness I have are 29047 (which appears to be an adaptor) and 26345.

I need to know if this is the correct harness or not. Also, anybody with experience installing these, I couldn't find a good place to install the motor relay.

All helpful suggestions appreciated.

[​IMG]

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii247/Lousyphotographer/DSC_0313_zps29e6501a.jpg

[​IMG]

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii247/Lousyphotographer/DSC_0315_zps2ffdc74f.jpg

2. thumerzs

thumerzs Junior Member
    from Ohio

I need to know if the one I've got looks like the wrong harness.

I don't think they'll let me return it if I order a 29400-5 harness and find it is the exact thing I've got. (My problem may just be that I don't know what I'm doing!)

I'm wondering if somebody can identify what I have by the picture or cross-referencing the number.

Thanks!

3. 26345 is your controller harness.

4. 29047 is adaptor
    29047.jpg

you need to find the tag on the headlight harness

29047.jpg

5. thumerzs

thumerzs Junior Member
    from Ohio

I can't read the tag on the headlight harness, though it looks like the last three numbers are 499.

[​IMG]

6. thumerzs

thumerzs Junior Member
    from Ohio

Western Midweight ultramount /2013 Silverado 1500

Figured out the lighting harness - now I'm having trouble with the control side.

Does the red wire attached to the control connector (both of which come through the firewall) power the controller?

There is also a red wire with green stripe which connects to the main power at the motor relay. Does that wire power the controller instead?

I've powered the red wire to a non-switched circuit at the fuse box on the left side of the dash (will find a switched one later) but I've got no power to the control connector.

Suggestions welcome - next time Ima pay somebody to do this job!

7. jamie1975

jamie1975 Junior Member

Red wire that comes through firewall with controller harness goes to ignition hot, it must be 12 volts. Red wire with green should go to solonoid.

8. thumerzs

thumerzs Junior Member
    from Ohio

Found out truck has to be hooked to plow before controller will get power. I was trying to fix a problem that didn't exist. Duh!

Thanks to all that responded.

Now of course, I can't get the plow to raise. I have two plows, (Western Pro, Western Midweight) neither one worked. Both are only a couple years old with very little use, but they've been sitting about two years without use.

I know the truck side is now good, we hooked it up to a dealer's plow. Motor runs on both, one angled right but wouldn't go anywhere after that, the other wouldn't move at all.

I cleaned terminals, checked coils, probed and cleaned the valves. No results. Both plows sound like they need primed with fluid. Pump seems like it is starved for fluid, so I don't want to run it much.

I haven't changed the fluid (level is good) or cleaned the filter. I'm gonna try that and if that doesn't work, I'll throw in the towel again unless somebody here has a suggestion.

I'm beginning to think I should just buy a snow shovel. :>

9. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

If it sounds like its starved for fluid then ck the filter. Unless you have the "updated" filter kit I'd be pulling off the canister and cking the insides