1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wiring harness confusion

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by snowpusha, Feb 13, 2016.

1. snowpusha

snowpusha Junior Member

Hey all Last night i put an RT3 truck mount on my truck and today I'm installing the wiring harness. I have an 13 pin harness and the plows 11. The plow DOES NOT have smart hitch function it's a manual light tower. Do I need to change the connector? Thanks in advance I realize this question comes up allot however they all deal with the smart hitch problem which I don't have To.

2. jtc1227

jtc1227 Junior Member

No the 13 pin truck side will run the 11 pin plow fine.

3. snowpusha

snowpusha Junior Member

One more question for wiring solenoid, what's the correct orientation for the wires that connect to the solenoid the colors aren't clear on the directions at least to me. Thanks

4. to_buy

to_buy Senior Member

doesn't matter for the heavy leads or the small leads

5. snowpusha

snowpusha Junior Member

Thanks I got everything up and running just 2 problems that I have to get too. One is when I switch the truck from truck to plow lights the plow lights come on but the truck headlights stay on. The other is one side headlight is dimmer then the other that headlight is loose. Could it be not making a good ground because it's loose?. Thanks in advance

6. snowpusha

snowpusha Junior Member

Anyone have any ideas?

7. maxwellp

maxwellp PlowSite.com Addict

The dim headlight is a ground problem. You will have to find it. Headlight mount is loose?
    As for getting the truck lights on at the same time as the plow light - you must have something wired wrong. Go back over it and make sure it is all correct.
    Look for wires with the insulation cracked and wires turning green inside - right by the 13 pin plug.