1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wiring for Universal Plow Lights

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by towlog, Dec 13, 2011.

1. towlog

towlog Junior Member

I am thinking about having a bracket welded on a Snowbear Plow (I know don't laugh) but my local Fisher dealer Dejana Truck here in Smithfield, RI think they are better than anyone else and after 4 calls for a new SD Plow for a 2004 Chev. Tahoe, I gave up. Called Metropolitan in Mass. and they never returned my two calls for pricing. I guess they don't need the business.

I had cash in hand from selling a pickup truck.

I want to add a couple of universal plow lights and know nothing about adapters etc. to connect them to my truck. Anyone have any suggestions to make this work.

Hey 10 plus years ago my partner and I bought two new Snowbear plows and beat the crap out of them and they worked great. Mine was on a Suzuki Samurai and his on a Jeep. After no response from local dealers, I bought a used Snowbear for $500 ,,, I saved $3500 after buying a mount.

Just going to do the long driveway.
  2. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

Fabricating and welding brackets and you got turned down. Wow the economy for those places must be good.

You would need 2 relays. One for high beam and one for low beam. Search relay wiring and you will see what you need to do. For the signal lights/park lights you need to tap off of the existing wiring of the vehicle. Don't get fancy with wiring when you hook up the plow. Just turn on the parking lights via the regular vehicle switch and then turn on the plow lights via your own "on(low beam)-off-on(high beam)" switch that trigger the relay(s). This is how I have run my plow set up for years with no fancy isolator modules. Never had a problem. If you want to take a trip to CT. I can weld what you need done.
  3. mpriester

mpriester Senior Member

exactly as TJS said and if you need a picture to help out with the wiring go to Smith Bros site(they have a detailed instruction page that is great)