1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

wiring for older mvp plow

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by treesnsnow, May 30, 2012.

1. treesnsnow

treesnsnow Member

hello, all i am able to put my hands on a very lightly used mvp 9'6" plow i have a 2006 f250 that i am putting it on and i am curious on wiring to control the plow. the plow has no truck wiring with it. if i dont need use a headlight harness i wont get it. i will wire my headlights seperately . i currently have a snow way plu on it and have no experiance with western but have a dealer in town now which snoway i dont, and the sno way is getting tired. so my overall question what part #'s do i need and also can some one tell me what the isolation module is for once agian i have no idea, and i have not searched much on this since i jsut spotted the plow today and have a few days till he puts it for sale publicly
    thanks in advance

2. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

Is the plow an ultra or unimount? How many plugs are on the plow

3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

What's the plow recievervlook like too? Are there like 2 hooks?

4. treesnsnow

treesnsnow Member

mvp plow

i am pretty sure it was two plugs and its a ultra mount i know that for sure

5. dieselss

Ok? What about the mounting? The 2 hooks? How many chains? Is the lift cylinder independent if the motor?

6. treesnsnow

treesnsnow Member

mvp plow

it has the two hooks for mounting the chain comes from one sdie up to the lift cylinder and then back down to the other side and the lift cylender is indepentent of the motor

7. dieselss

Then its an ultra mount

8. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

Since it just has two plugs, that would be and MVP+ (the current Vplow with the cutting edges that curve backwards where they meet in the middle, instead of having a rubber piece behind the gap). MVP+'s use multiplex wiring (the control just has a little 4-pin connector, instead of a big round 10 pin round connector).
    Truck wiring for an MVP+ should add up to about $525, and a control (if he doesn't have that) is about $350. The part numbers you would need for the wiring for a 06 F250, if you have H13 lights on the truck, would be 29049, 29070-1, and 44486.
    And since you only asked about wiring I guess you already have the mount figured out?

9. treesnsnow

treesnsnow Member

yea it says ultra mount right on it, i heard that system is better then the unimount. so any one know if i can get away with not taping into my headlights or is it a must for the plow and isolation module to work

10. Head1

Head1 Junior Member

How much for the plow?
    Does the plow have the mounting carton (truck side mount) included?
    If not add another $500 for the correct one!

Your better off buying and installing the correct light harness' also!

Better figure at least $1500 for the mount and wiring harness' for your truck to
    do it the correct way and add that into the price of the plow.

11. treesnsnow

treesnsnow Member

thanks for all the replies from everyone, the guy sold the plow on me for 2700 but my buddy down in pa said another company down there has a mpv with the ultra mount for sale right now for a good price and that includes the wiring and mount for a 2003 f250 as well as the controller. can i make that mount work on my 2006 f250 and will the wiring be the same

12. dieselss

Only thing needed is the headlights adaptors. Not that salty

13. truckitup

truckitup Senior Member

Are you still looking for a plow. I have a western 9.6 MVP with all the wiring and mounts for sale. It is off a 2002 F 250.