1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wiring for Meyers Diamond MDII Lighting

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Corn Cobb, Nov 9, 2003.

1. Corn Cobb

Corn Cobb Junior Member

I already spent an hour trying to find what I'm looking for but didn't find it. By chance does anyone have a labeled diagram for the 3 relay packs that go with the Meyers Diamond MDII. We bought this setup from a person that had it mounted to a early 90's GM but are now mounting it to a 95 Ford I have an mild idea as to what's what but would like to see it on paper. Also for the controler what is the Orange wire for? If I put it to Bat + The plow motor fires up without the controler. Where does it go.

Thanks in advance for any help!!

2. Dan725

Dan725 Junior Member

I wired my lights to a seperate three postion switch directly to the battery and only wired the marker lights to the trucks lights I also couldn't find any info or help on the wiring the only diagram I could find was on chucks's website and that was from an old chevy. you could try a locale meyers dealer mine sometimes will help me if he has the diagrams.

3. Corn Cobb

Corn Cobb Junior Member

Thanks Dan725, I had just printed that diagram off just before you replyed. I think that will be the last ditch effort but I think my boss would prefere me trying to get the three Relay system working first. :mad:

4. penberth

penberth Member

Is this for the Night Saber lights? If so, I have a wiring diagram for the system that I can scan in and e-mail to you. When you say "three relay system" are you talking about the single pack with the 3 wires, or are you talking 3 separate relays? Becuase the night saber system has a pack that has three separte wires coming out of it. Let me know.

5. Corn Cobb

Corn Cobb Junior Member

Penberth, Yes it is the Night Saber system. It has a left and right side set of three relays labeled A, B, & C. A has 6 wires (white, Blue, Red X2) B has 4 Wires (GR, Or, Yel, Blk) and C has 6 wires (GR, Blk, Yel, Wht, Bl, Rd). Basicaly thats it. Does that help any??? Was a little too lasy last night to go out to the shop or I would have posted that earlyer.

Thanks Again

6. SteveVB

SteveVB Member

Im not sure what you are asking, but,
    A is the headlight pigtail- one end of the pigtail goes to the headlight, the other the headlight socket, and the final connection is to the relay module at A.

B Has 4 wires- black yellow green orange
    Black- ground
    Green- taps into turn signal
    Yellow- taps into parking light
    Orange - to switch acc terminal on dash switch

C is plug to plow light harness

7. penberth

penberth Member

I just sent you a PM. I need to get your e-mail address to send the instructions. I installed mine, so let me know if you have any questions.

8. tileman

tileman Member

Hi Corn Cobb The Orange wire (for touch pad only)
    to ground on motor solenoid mounting bolt.
    Black fused wire , to fuse that is only hot when ignition is on.

Tileman

9. Corn Cobb

Corn Cobb Junior Member

Thanks that explains one thing.:D

10. Corn Cobb

Corn Cobb Junior Member

Thanks fellas for the help. The only thing that is is troubling me is the two orange wires. Previously it was posted to take and ground the orange wire from the touch pad, is that correct?? The orange wire from the two relay packs, it says to mount a toggle switch in the drawings or am I getting this mixed up with tieing into the acc. (switchable hot wire) in the main harness under the dash? :confused:

Thanks again

Damn.... got dumped on all around us but never got hit here.

Corn Cobb

11. Corn Cobb

Corn Cobb Junior Member

any help???:confused:

12. Gadget

Gadget Junior Member

Orange wire from touchpad to battery ground -

Orange wires from 'B' relay of Night Saber light control module 07115 (two wires left and right) get connected together and run through firewall to toggle switch mounted on dash. This orange wire goes to the accessory or light position on the switch. Toggle switch also needs switched power and ground to operate

Same color wire - two different systems - easy to confuse

hope this helps

jim