1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

wiring for lightbar

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Burkartsplow, Nov 29, 2007.

1. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

I have the plow prep package on my 2004 chevy 2500 and I dont know what wire is the one that connects to the switch on my dash for the amber. Pulled the inside apart today. I think it runs up the driver side. Any answers would appreciate. thanks
  2. murphyslaw

murphyslaw Senior Member

pop out your dome light, the wire shoould be taped to the dome light wires.
  3. hammerstein

hammerstein Senior Member

There is a blunt cut wire in the b pillar or the c pillar if it is a ext/crew cab. May have to unbolt the seatbelt to remove trim if you can not fish it out with your hand.
  4. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

I have an 03 reg cab. My wire was right above the drivers headboard. I opened the door and pulled down the head board and it was up there. Took me a while to find lol. Then I ran it to the cargo light.
  5. goose06

goose06 Junior Member
    from NE Ohio

I have an '06 extended cab. My wires were above the headliner, taped to the roof almost exactly above the drivers head. They were clipped and routed to the back of the cab, down the drivers side pillar where there was a relay.
  6. Burkartsplow

yeah I could here the relay by the drivers side door, so I knew it had to be over there, I was pulling so much stuff off that i was getting a little nervous, so i thought i would throw you guys a question and see what is what. I pulled the rear center brake light out and it was not there since i heard from others it was usually there, why cant they just make it simple. Once I find it all i will have to do it connect the wires and I will be ready to roll? hopefully
  7. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

I know every year its seams they put the wiring in a new location just keep you on your toes. I don't know why GM can't put a weather proof plug outlet on the roof or next to the CHMSL. so all you have to do is plug in your light.
  8. Burkartsplow

got it

It was nice today and I once i was done working I finally found the wire taped above the drivers side seat. It was no easy task to get the thing out. then I had to snake it to the rear brake light. Took a little time, but now i got it. have the new back rack on the way and the new ligths. I will put a pick up once it all set up and ready to make some money.payup