1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

wiring for heated mirrors

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by droptine, Dec 17, 2007.

1. droptine

droptine Member

Does anyone know if Ford actually built trucks with nearly every option but didn't wire for heated mirrors? My 04 came with non-towing car type mirrors, I told the seller (Ford Dealer-Used) that I wanted the telescoping heated trailering mirrors installed. I paid for the new ones, they installed and said the truck doesn't have wiring heating capabilities for mirrors. Do they know what they're talking about? Or did they install non heated because they're cheaper, pocket the differance and feed me a line of $*!+. My truck is Lariat, FX4, leather, Moon roof, etc... I've checked aftermarket parts and the seem to come with different connecters but aren't very clear about the actual applications. Is there something I can check on my truck that tells me if its wired for heated mirrors?
  2. cobraman

cobraman Member

I'm betting your 04 is not any different than my 06 as far as the wiring goes. The wiring harness that runs up to the plug at the mirror did not have a wire for the heat when I installed my mirrors. It also did not have power for the clearance lights. I had to hard wire both and run wires through the door and into the cab. If you look at the wiring diagrams and color codes for F150's I haven't seen one that has a heated mirror wire running into the door.
  3. richsoucie

richsoucie Member

my 06 had the wires there already
  4. HKusp

HKusp Member

Go here.
    Search the forum for heated mirrors and you will get your answers. I am not over on the 6.0 side (I have a 7.3) but there is a great bunch of guys/gals over there will know everything you want to know.