1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wiring for electronic valves?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Fishead, Nov 27, 2006.

1. Fishead

Fishead Junior Member

My recently purchased 8'2" conventional mount v-plow has no wiring harness included. The wires to the valves were cut off and I am not sure what the wires should go to. I have a manual showing the wiring diagram, but it only shows one wire going to each valve of the three valves.

What are the two wires on each valve for? Is one a ground? Which one?

Do the valves work by opening only with the 12 v or does one wire open and the other close?

thanks for any information.

2. WRIGHTTRAILERS

WRIGHTTRAILERS Member

What are the two wires on each valve for? Is one a ground? Which one?

Do the valves work by opening only with the 12 v or does one wire open and the other close?

One is hot, one is ground on each valve. It does not matter which is which. The newer plows have a ground strap with a large eye that is sandwiched between the valve and the valve retaining nut. I do not know if the conventional has the same strap, or if they used to ground each valve out to the frame.

Adam Caron
    Wright Trailers
    Seekonk, Ma

3. Fishead

Fishead Junior Member

Thank you very much. Nope. This older style does not have the ground to the valve body. I'll ground to the frame. Thanks again.

Philip