1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wiring for 1998 GMC 2500

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by reeltime, Sep 24, 2009.

1. reeltime

reeltime Junior Member

I'm looking for all the truck side wiring for a 1998 GMC 2500 with 2B1 lights and DRL. Anybody trying to get rid of a set? I have control and mount, just need wiring now and I'm ready to go!!!

Western part #' 28800, 29051

Last edited: Sep 24, 2009
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Your p/n's need work if you're looking for truck side wiring.

28800 is a complete plow side Night Hawk light kit (including the lights).

Your 29051 is the truck side light and control harness's but you'll still need power cables, solenoid and an Iso module as those aren't with the 29051 kit. Better off to advertise as needing a truck side Iso setup for 2B1 style lights w/ DRL instead. Likely to get better results that way. Posting in the wanted/for sale forum would help too.

3. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

B&B, tell me you have to look up at least some of these numbers......

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Yes of course some since DD has 2.1 trillion p/n's just for the stuff produced in the last decade. But those specific ones are super common and burnt unto my brain. :D

5. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

I have the truckside complete wiring for the 1998 2B headlights for sale for 375.00. Let me know if your interested. This is the isolation module setup.

6. reeltime

reeltime Junior Member

B&B - I'm going off the Quickmatch system from Western's website with those p/n's. Kind of confusing because they don't actually tell you what those kits include :confused: and I did post this in the wanted/for sale forum also. Truth is, I don't really know what the hell I need as I am new to setting up a truck for plowing (if you hadn't already guessed that) so your insight is very helpful. Thanks B&B

I bought a mount from another plowsite member which is coming with SOME of the wiring and an iso module, though I do not know if it is the right one. Should be here monday but I see snow on Pike's Peak and I'm getting very anxious to get this truck going. Any more help anyone can offer will be very much appreciated because I do not want to order a bunch of stuff I don't need or can't use.

I'm gonna go check the other thread now :dizzy:

7. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

The plow you have has the two harnesses. The isolation module wiring would work on the truck if it is the proper one but you would have to change the plow side. You could go with the relay style harness on the truck side then you wouldn't have to change the plow side. The two harnesses on the plow,how many pins are there on them?

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

In that case I wouldn't research or purchase anything until you find out what wiring is on it's way. No way to know what you need until you see what you have.