1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wiring for 08 beacon light.

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by snow7899, Apr 6, 2008.

1. snow7899

snow7899 Senior Member

Does anyone know where to find the end of the harness for the rooftop beacon on a 2008 silverado? Thanks in advance Brian.

SNOWANDICEMAN Senior Member

Brain, I have a 2003 Chev.2500 and the wires for the rooftop beacon are in the headliner mine were located near the drivers side headliner. hope this helps you. SNOWANDICEMAN
  3. BlueLine Ent

BlueLine Ent Senior Member

Just what Bob said, drop the headliner on the drivers side, just above the door(s) and you'll find it taped up in there.
  4. hammerstein

hammerstein Senior Member

No it is not in the same area as the previous model. The end of the wire is with the switch in the overhead counsel, and it is a pain to drop the drivers side of the headliner to feed the wire over. Book time to R&R the headliner is 3.5 hours, I was unable to fish the wire harness for my strobe that far and had to drop just the drivers side in order to feed the wire across.
  5. dmax08

dmax08 Senior Member

On my 08 the harness was tied up above the center headliner console.. where the onstar microphone is located .
  6. BlueLine Ent

BlueLine Ent Senior Member

My bad, I didn't pay attention to the model year. :dizzy:
  7. snow7899

snow7899 Senior Member

Thanks guy's I was afraid of that. The worst part is that it is a favor for my buddy!!!! I love being a mechanic........... so many friends!:drinkup: