1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wiring for 08 3500hd on old unimount 7'6

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by KCsnowman, Sep 9, 2010.

1. KCsnowman

KCsnowman Member
    from Kansas

I am having trouble getting ahold of wiring to swap my unimount from an 02' 2500hd to an 08' 3500hd. The mounts will actually swap, but not sure if the wiring will be needed. Any help would be appreciated.

2. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

do u have 2 or 3 plug set up?

3. KCsnowman

KCsnowman Member
    from Kansas

2 plug,

@ plug, one with power and ground, then the other with lights and hydros.

4. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

let me try tomorrow. i'll let you know.

5. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

As far as I know they do not make a 2 plug harness for a 2008 chev U will need to convert plow to 3 plug and get a 3 plug harness for the truck. Not the end of the world just expensive. I have some truck harnesses if thats the route u end up going.

brad2500hd@aol.com

6. KCsnowman

KCsnowman Member
    from Kansas

Am I not thinking straight when I assume the plow just needs power and joystick controls, regardless of the truck its mounted to. Maybe Im off the mark, but I thought I could just connect it the same way it was on my old duramax. Let me hear it! LOL

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You can for plow functions but you won't get headlamps, that's why an Isolation swap & setup is needed.