1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wiring finished, no solenoid click?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by P&M Landscaping, Sep 12, 2009.

1. P&M Landscaping

P&M Landscaping Senior Member

Okay, so I got my harness all wired up. But, I don't have a plow or mount to check it on. All I know as of now is that the controller lights up, the headlight toggle switches from plow to truck lights. My only concern is that when I press up down left and right on my controller, it doesn't make the solenoid click.. Is that right?
  2. P&M Landscaping

P&M Landscaping Senior Member

Update, I had a loose connection, and bam solenoid is clicking. When you press down on the controller should the solenoid click? The control goes red into float, but I don't hear a click.
  3. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

I don't think it clicks. I can't remember for sure so hopefully a few others will chime in.
  4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

The 12volt motor solenoid should not click though a valve on the plow should. Doubt you'd hear it from the cab though.
  5. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Last edited: Sep 12, 2009