1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wiring diagram for Truck-Lites - can anyone help?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by IowaBoy, Nov 26, 2006.

1. IowaBoy

IowaBoy Junior Member

I purchased a used Meyer plow yesterday. Unfortunately I didn't get any diagrams (I have the plow figured out). I need help with wiring the lights onto a 99 Chevy k2500 crew cab (this is the "old" body style). I've searched both Meyers site and Truck-Lites site and came up empty handed. HELP!!

2. IowaBoy

IowaBoy Junior Member

More info...

I looked around on the lights to see if there is a model number but there isn't anything (at least I don't see anything). I'm told this plow and lights are from around mid-80's or so. Loom from Truck-Lites has the following wires: 2-white that go into one white (I believe this was to a ground on the truck this came off), Light Yellow, Dark Yellow, Pink, Blue, a single White, Light Blue, Tan, and Black. The truck headlight loom has: Tan, Green, Red, Black, Light Green (kind of blueish green), Dark Green, and Brown.

I also need to know the placement of the 6 wires on the toggle for in the cab (when it was removed, they didn't make note of their position - UGH!!). Wires to the toggle are: Green, Red, Pink, Tan, White, and Blue.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

3. nobletousha13

nobletousha13 Senior Member
    from VA

try this

call Loren @ 877.361.2227 he is from www.esitrucks.com . he should be able to help you out

4. ditchbangin

ditchbangin Junior Member
    from ohio

your meyer dealer should be able to photocopy the installation instructions for you, they did for me, when you hook the headlights up, make sure you hook into the factory wires before they split for the headlights, if you dont you will have to jump the wires from oneside of the truck to the other.. good luck it really isnt hard once you figure out where everything goes. if you dont have a test light you should go to sears and get one. they are like five bucks. then you arent guessing what wire is what on your truck.

5. LLM Ann Arbor

LLM Ann Arbor Senior Member

Make sure you get this one right before buying. There are a lot of different harnesses out there.

Our resident guy here Storks Auto is helpful as well....his names Jeen.

http://www.plowsite.com/member.php?u=17637

6. IowaBoy

IowaBoy Junior Member

Got my answer...

I sent Truck-Lites technical support an email yesterday asking for a schematic. Low and behold, I had my answer in my inbox before 7am today. Impressive to say the least. I figured it would be several days before I heard from them!

Customer service is actually still alive and well after all! :nod:

7. LLM Ann Arbor

what exactly are truck-lites anyhow.

Pics?

Link?

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Truck-Lite is the name of the manufacturer that made the older style Meyer plow light's for Meyer. These light's are the one's that Meyer used up until they released the Nite sabre style lights..

9. LLM Ann Arbor

ahhhh.

Thanks Beeb.