1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

wiring/controllers

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by lazarus, Oct 21, 2014.

1. lazarus

lazarus Junior Member

I am getting a used BOSS rt3 with an 8ft poly blade, but it doesnt have the undercarriage or wiring/controller. i called boss directly and they gave me the part numbers of what i need... dont really want to buy brand new on the wiring cause it's like 500... but cant find anything on C/L either. can i substitute another truckside controller/wiring ?? i have a 2002 gmc 1/2 ton and the part numers i was given from boss is lta04766 on the mount and stb15103 on the wiring.
    need help... winter is closing in faster then i hoped

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Just saying this, a straight blade and controller are probably cheaper then any other type of wiring out there. There are other options other then cl

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Used mounts are OK but used wiring is a crap shoot, corrosion, broken wires, rotted grill plugs, all issues older harnesses develop. Whatever savings you realize from used wiring parts could quickly disappear with one during a storm failure.

The better and less failure prone your equipment is the more productive you can be.

4. lazarus

lazarus Junior Member

so you're saying $450 is not a bad deal for a wiring/controller for the straight blade? Where would you recommend I buy from ?

5. dieselss

No not bad at all. What do expect to pay?

6. lazarus

lazarus Junior Member

if that's ok... then next question is where is the best place to buy from ?? what is a good reputable place?

7. dieselss

Any of the site sponsors is what I usually say

8. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Try your local dealer. He can help your determine what you need, may have it in stock and you will have developed a relationship you might need when the snow is flying.