1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

wiring compatibility

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by randyo156, Dec 21, 2014.

1. randyo156

randyo156 Junior Member
    from Buffalo

Morning folks, was thinking for moving our plow from the 02 to the 06f250
    My understanding is the plow frame is the same but the wiring is not
    Can someone confirm
    Thanks much

2. jtc1227

jtc1227 Junior Member

The wiring kit is universal from truck to truck. The only difference may be the headlight adapters. I'm not sure on the adapters though. The truck side bracket, depending on age, might be different. The 02 has leaf springs in the front where the 06 has coils. I may be wrong but the angle brackets might need to be swapped due to the spring change. IIRC Boss revised the bracket to work on either spring setup but I'm not sure.

3. therabbittree

therabbittree Member

I'm installing a dxt on a 2000 superduty now. The boss manual shows the early leaf spring Superduty 99-2004 set up looks the the same, the 2005 -2007 setup is the same mount, just you drop the front sway bar rubber bracket and rest the sway bar rubber bushing on the boss angle brackets. The wiring looks the same , but you need a head light adapter kit for the 2005 headlights. I will posting a install thread here as a few asked me about it.
    Hope this help you.
    Thanks,
    Deo