1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wiring Bracket installation on Excursion

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by RobbieB, Feb 9, 2008.

1. RobbieB

RobbieB Senior Member

I have had my Boss plow for 3 years now but just recently found there is a bracket for the two wiring plugs. I purchased one of the brackets and find I have no where to install it unless I remove my front license plate and frame and mount it in the hole the driving lights normally go in. Anyone have any suggestions?

[​IMG]

2. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

mount

make a bracket to mount to the side of the push beam were all the bolt hole's are ,might be elaborate but elongate a mount out and up to bolt the bracket you bought to ,3/16 steel would be heavy enough ,stainless if you can weld it .

3. RobbieB

RobbieB Senior Member

I removed the license plate frame and mounted it all the way to the driver's side, just where the installer said to. I went to put the plow on this morning and there was no clearance to plug the harness' in. UGGGGGG. The boss is going to make a bracket for it.

4. RobbieB

RobbieB Senior Member

It's taken care of. I removed the tow hook on the driver's side and installed it there.