1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wiring back up lights to reverse lights help please...

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by rusty_keg_3, Dec 18, 2010.

1. rusty_keg_3

rusty_keg_3 Senior Member

Ok, im doing some backup lights on my 09 chevy... Its a new flatbed, and im putting 2 lights on the bumper and have decided to wire them to turn on when i put it in reverse... When they put the flatbed on they didnt use the factory tail light junction box... They ran different wires... so instead splicing into my tail lights, could i just find a connector and wire it to the junction box?

If so which pins do what on there? And if a single little connector wouldnt work, what if i took the old plugs, or bought some.... Then hooked it up to that?

Do you guys think that would work? Has any1 done this? Any help would be nice, thanks...
  2. wkahler

wkahler Senior Member

Depends on the type of lights. If they are halogen you might need a relay to get the full brightness out of them. If they are LED then you can tap into wherever you need to so that it will come on with your reverse lights. I put mine on a switch because i found that once i had them i would us them for more then just backing up!!! Look for dissociative on here he is a great help!!!
  3. JpLawn

JpLawn Senior Member

We run all of ours backup lights on there own power supply and switch. You will use them all the time.