1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wiring an old straight blade plow to work with a LOBO controller

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by retoocs555, Nov 16, 2007.

1. retoocs555

retoocs555 Junior Member

I have an older 28V plow on my truck, the kind that has two big round electrical connectors on the front of the truck and rocker switches on the controller. Over the summer I was able to pickup a straight blade plow of the same age which connects with 1 big round electrical connector. I have been told that I can switch some of the wires on the pump, on the straight blade plow around to be controlled by my V-plow controller. My questions are can anybody tell me what color wires go where and which of the two connectors on the front of my truck should I use? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Right now I have all the wires for under the cover on the plow but none of them are connected. -Scott
  2. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Why would you use the straight blade when you have a V? I would never go back to a straight blade after havinh a V. Sorry but I can't help you on the wiring issue.
  3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

You don't have to change anything. Plug the straight blade control into the plug with the most terminals on the truck. You can use your v blade control to run the straight blade
  4. retoocs555

retoocs555 Junior Member

I live out in the country and 95% of all my accounts are dirt and gravel diveways, so in the spring and fall when I need to plow and the ground is still soft, it's a lot easier to use a light straight blade.

I aquired the plow with all the spade terminals disconnected under the cover on the plow. Can anybody point me in the right direction towards getting them put in the right places?
  5. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

http://www.snoway.com/service/Owner Manuals/97100200E.pdf

This link will take you to an owner's manual for the plow you mention. In it you will find a wiring diagram for the hydraulic power unit.