1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

wiring a unimount

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by concreteguy, Nov 28, 2007.

1. concreteguy

concreteguy Senior Member

I was thinking of putting a unimount on my 1999 mitsu cab over.Do they make a harness for that and if not, can I retrofit a harness and splice the wiring to make it work like it should.Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Tom

2. sechracer

sechracer Senior Member

The unimount wireing harness is not vehicle specific, just the headlight adaptors. You could "fab" one if they dont make one for your truck. Just depends on how you want to go about it.

3. concreteguy

Thanks for the fast reply. I never hooked the wiring to the truck before so can you just cut the adapetrs off and splice into the stock harness or are the adapters something other than that.

Thanks again, Tom

4. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Western didnt make a harness for the Mitsu but fisher did. The fisher harness will work with a western, just need to know what headlights and wether or not it has drl's.

5. concreteguy

Crash, it doesnt have drl's and I do believe it has a single light( truck is 20 miles away from me right now),or are you speaking of the type of plug on the light?

Thanks, Tom

6. sechracer

sechracer Senior Member

What you need to know is if the truck has single headlights (one bulb like the trucks in the 70's) or dual (like new trucks).