1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wiring a switch help needed

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Killswitch, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Killswitch

Killswitch Senior Member

Ok so I have one of the three post toggle switches from the parts store....the illuminated plastic deal and Im wiring two lights.

Im coming off the relay to the switch......theres three posts like I said. Marked Pwr/ACC/Grnd

Ground I understand, but do I run my wire from the relay to power, and what is ACC for.

My plow lights are on the same type switch and all three wires go somewhere and maybe you guys can help so I dont have to trace them under the dash and see what Im missing. Lazy me.....:)

2. ksland

ksland Senior Member
    from ma

Ground is so the light will work. It grounds just the bulb in the switch...

You want Pwr hooked up to your positive feed. ACC is the switched output of the Pwr...so that will triger your relay.

3. Killswitch

Killswitch Senior Member

So I run from the ACC post to the relay(post 86)

The relay will be connected to the battery with an inline fuse. Grounded and connected to the lights.

Where do I run the power post on the switch too?

Sorry for not gettin this.

4. lorentzlawnsnow

lorentzlawnsnow Senior Member

power post is for power coming into switch, acc post is for power going out... lights or whatever

5. Killswitch

Killswitch Senior Member

6. Killswitch

Killswitch Senior Member

Im sorry guys. Is it possible for someone to draw a basic wiring diagram for wiring two lights through a 30 amp relay including the switch?

Maybe I need to let it go for the night. Im confusing myself.

Id appreciate a simple drawing.

Thank you.

7. Killswitch

Killswitch Senior Member

I actually downloaded a good diagram.

What confused me was having to power both the switch,and post 30 on the relay.

Ill be fusing both lines to the battery.