1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wiring a Meyer Plow

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by macawpat, Jul 11, 2010.

1. macawpat

macawpat Member

I just purchased a meyer plow. (Not sure what model it is). All the wires are hooked up at the box. It has the 3 plug in wires running thru the wiring harness that plug into wires that come off of the motor and pump. I have the power wire coming off the motor a little white wire that I am not sure where to hook up. I believe it would normally go to a solonoid but I am putting this plow on a Dodge M880 military pickup and it does not have a normal solonoid. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

3. macawpat

macawpat Member

Ok I will check it out. I am more used to western plows having a solonoid under the hood, but my truck does not have a traditional one. Its more like a small box with slip on connectors. Thank you so much for your imput. Pat

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

:confused:the solenoid I'm referring to is independent of the trucks electrical system.

5. macawpat

macawpat Member

Ok so were talking seperate solonoid with power cable coming from plow motor going to one side of a solonoid the other side would go to battery and the white wire would attatch to one of the posts on the solonoid. Right ?

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

correct:nod:

7. macawpat

macawpat Member

Thank you soooooooo much basher I remember having a seperate solonoid for my western and kinda thought that was the case but didnt feel like setting my truck on fire (yet). Your awesome thanks for the help. Pat