1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

wiring a magnetic light bar to make it permanent

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by redsoxfan, Oct 24, 2007.

1. redsoxfan

redsoxfan Senior Member

how would i go about wiring a magnetic light bar so that it is premenant to a ford 350 04 if that is possible it i have thr cigar light switch but it draws to much causing the fuse to blow so i thought that i would just make it a premanant mount thanks
  2. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

well what brand of light is it to start ?? and its easy to do ..
  3. redsoxfan

redsoxfan Senior Member

its a pse 420 with dual rotatoting 55 watt halogen
  4. bam

bam Senior Member
    from .

There should be a + and -. Run the + to a switch in your dash and ground out your - on the frame. Run a line from your battery or fuse panel with an add a tap to the switch. If you run directly from the battery make sure you add a fuse. Its pretty easy.
  5. Pirsch

Pirsch Senior Member

I agree with BAM... You can also run the positive thru the switch to the cylinoid (sp) if it's on the wall of your fender. Yes place an inline fuse in it, I've had great luck with putting resetable breakers in but your look'n at a big hassel trying to install that. Make sure that your wires (if hidden) not to go above the hinges on the door unless you can tap it onto the wiring boot in the door itself.