1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wiring a CSP690

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by unklechuckles19, Feb 18, 2008.

1. unklechuckles19

unklechuckles19 Junior Member

Quick question for you guys. I know I have power to the pack. The wiring diagram from Whelen tells me I have to have 3 switches total to control the strobes. My question is about the blue/green/yellow "control" plug. Do I need the 3 switches for this plug to run everything? I tried to get the lights to do something by just connecting the power/ground and nothing. Do I need to have all 3 switches in order to run this or can I run it off one main switch. I know a few guys with the same setup and they have only one switch, not sure if they have control of the flash pattern's though. Thanks for any light you guys can shed for me, I'm new to the world of wiring things.

2. BlueLine Ent

BlueLine Ent Senior Member

The main power to the supply must remain on at all times, no questions asked.

To activate outlets 1+2 you need power to the blue wire.
    To activate outlets 3-6 you need power to the green.
    If you want to turn them all on with one switch, you can combine the green and blue, but no others. You however will not be able to change the flash patterns from a switch, since you won't have one hooked up.

3. unklechuckles19

I was hoping to hear from you BlueLine, thanks for the nudge in the right direction. So I can cut it down to 2 switches, one for control of the lights on/off and one for pattern selection right? Again, thanks for the help!

4. BlueLine Ent

BlueLine Ent Senior Member

Yup it is possible to do that, and works well.

5. unklechuckles19

Thanks for the help BlueLine. I'm coming up to the boston area in april for the firefighter test, I might have to buy ya a cold one.