1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

wiring a Buyers control box

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by blackicecube56, Sep 17, 2005.

1. blackicecube56

blackicecube56 Junior Member

Just purchased a used tailgate spreader it has a buyers model #30401a control box has a rocker switch with on,off,and blast plus a rheostate.Has two wires with plugs out the back plus one spade terminal with a blue wire comming off the circuit board which I think is for the speed,the red wire from the back goes to reset button and the to rocker switch the other wire a orange one goes to the circuit board and then to the rocker switch.There also is a ground wire that attaches to the control box. my question is how do I wire this thing?thanks TD

Last edited: Sep 17, 2005
  2. wls

wls Senior Member

did you ever figure it out. I need to find out also. I have a red wire, which I would think goes to the power supply, the orange wire probably would got bact to the spreader, the black wire to the ground, but the blue wire has me stumped, if its for the speed where do you hook it to a power supply also?

Last edited: Nov 22, 2005
  3. wls

wls Senior Member

4. plowguy29

plowguy29 Junior Member
    from ohio

Re

i JUST BOUGHT A BOX THE RED ON MINE GOES TO THE SPREADER THE ORANAGE GOES FOR THE POWER BLACK GROUND THE BLUE WIRE GOES TO THE FUSE BOX. IN THE FUSE BOX PUT IT IN WITH A FUSE THAT ONLY HAS POWER WHEN YOU TURN THE KEY ON THE DISPLAY ON THE BOX SAYS STANDBY. TURN KEY OFF AND IT GOES OF TRY THAT GUYS HOPE THAT HELPS. CORY