1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wiring a Boss plow

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by JCPM, Nov 24, 2015.

1. JCPM

JCPM Senior Member
    from CT

So I'm wiring up my 2014 Ram 3500 with the 6.7 Cummins and I'm having trouble finding s spot to mount the solenoid. Does anyone have any advice? The engine compartment is jam packed.

2. jhenderson9196

jhenderson9196 Senior Member

I mounted mine to the inner fender just to the rear of the drivers battery box.

3. JCPM

JCPM Senior Member
    from CT

I tried that. It won't clear the hood cylinders. I've wired a butch of Boss plows in the past and this is the first one where I'm having trouble. I wish I could post a pic from my phone. It's so tight I was thinking of mounting it down below behind the headlight.

4. jhenderson9196

Mine is a 15 but it's the same truck. 4 inches aft of the bat box, inner fender below the cowl overhang. Hood rods don't come close.

5. Ramitt

Ramitt Senior Member

Pretty much where ever you can reach it to... Just gotta test fit every little place.. No place to mount on the firewall? One thing I like about my older cummins plenty of room to mount stuff! Mine is on my passenger side fender.

6. RRSS

RRSS Junior Member

I have a 12 ram and I mounted mine right on the back side of the drivers side plastic battery holder. Not sure if the newer ones still have it or not but there is a little plastic notch in the battery holder like something was meant to snap in there. I just took the mounting plate that is attached to the selonoid and I bent it downward and then I tucked it right into that slot and it fits good and snug. It was perfect...i could not believe it. Ill go snap some pictures.

7. RRSS

RRSS Junior Member

8. jhenderson9196

Red river, that's where the fuse and relay box attaches if you have the aux switches .

9. JCPM

JCPM Senior Member
    from CT

Yep. I have the relay box on that side of the battery and the fuse box on the other side. I think I'm gonna pull the passenger side battery out and mount it down below on the side wall. I think I can get the drill in there to sink some self tapping screws

10. RRSS

RRSS Junior Member

Oh ok...well if you don't have the aux switches it's a good spot for it

11. JCPM

JCPM Senior Member
    from CT

I figured it out. Had to move some stuff around but I made it work. These diesels have so little room to work it's rediculous. My Silverado with the 6.0 is like night and day difference. I appreciate all the input guys. Hope you had a good turkey day!

12. jhenderson9196

If you haven't done the frame yet, be aware I had to remove the intercooler mounting bolts and slip the cooler towards the front axle to remove the bumper mount bolts and replace them with the ones Boss supplied. They seem to have neglected to mention that in the mount instructions.

13. JCPM

JCPM Senior Member
    from CT

Hmm. I finished everything up the other day. Didn't have any problem doing the frame. Bumper came off no problem.