1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wiring a 2012 GMC

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by to_buy, Oct 8, 2012.

1. to_buy

to_buy Senior Member

Now I know that Ford finally got the hint and put up fitter switches for accessories, but where do we hook keyed power in the new GMC trucks? Any hints let me know.
    to_buy@yahoo.com

2. summitsnow

summitsnow Junior Member

I had a Ford with the up fitter switches, and it was nice! I have a NB Chevy and had a heck of a time finding an ignition switched source. I ended up getting power off the power block under the dash close to the left of the drivers foot well. If you remove the cover (and your truck is not fully loaded) there should be some exposed pins where plugs would go for power seats and options. I put a test light on the pins until I found a switched ignition source. I fabricated a clip to slip on the pin and picked up ignition power for my plow there.

3. bleachcola

bleachcola Junior Member
    from se mi

i had the upfitter panel in my 08 f350, last time I checked the new panel and switches and some wiring was 100 on ebay, just get one of those and it will look stock vs. some cheapo switches. for keyed power id go off the radio.