1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wiring 96 k2500

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by fordmstng66, Jun 6, 2010.

1. fordmstng66

fordmstng66 Senior Member

I just purchased a 96 k2500 with the 5.7l, and i need to start putting together my wiring for my Unimount plow. I have already converted the plow over to the 3 plug set up for ultra mount wiring from a 2007 NBS silverado, but the truck got totaled, and i purchased this one because i will not have any more payments. Anyway i still have the 3 port module p/n 29070, and i am looking for the part numbers for the headlight harness, and the main harness that runs into the truck for the controler. If any one can help that would be great, i am trying to slowly buy the parts, if not try and find used ones due to lack of job.

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Assuming this is for a straight blade and you didn't specify which headlamps the truck is equipped with but if it has HB3/HB4 composite lamps you need a 29048 headlamp harness. If it has the old 2B sealed beams then you'll need a 29051 headlamp harness. For a control harness you'll need a 26345.

Figure around $400 for the two harness's if you're buying new, DD is mighty proud of their wiring.

3. fordmstng66

fordmstng66 Senior Member

Thank you, it does have the HB3/HB4 head lamps, did not find that out until i posted. Thank you for the part numbers.