1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wiring 1st gen sno way HELP!

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Danno555, Sep 14, 2016.

1. Danno555

Danno555 Junior Member

Ok, installing an older 1st gen sno way 24 plow with toggle switches and DP. Thinking I messed something up. Up and down switch works...but side to side also raises plow. Not real great with electrical so I need basic answers. Any ideas?
  2. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Its not wired correctly, is as basic as i can get.

go to their web site and look for a wiring diagram.
  3. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

Has the plow been used recently? Better yet can you hook to another truck that has the correct wiring to test the functions of the plow on a properly wired truck?

Stuck valves can cause a plow to raise when motor runs on a different command.
  4. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite.com Addict

If memory is correct, you have a big round aircraft style connector? Are the connections clean? Then remove your cover from Hyd. unit, using a test light, have someone operate the plow while checking the proper connections for current. WITHOUT the plow hitting you. Go to their web site and get the proper wiring diagram.
  5. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

I would start like the others have said with a diagram. Check your wiring then check it again. Also after checking for power at angle coils you need to check for magnetism. Coils may be bad. If you have power and magnetism I would assume bad valve. Mind you Sno-Way is by no means my strong point.

This may help. http://www.snoway.com/cm/pdfs/service/97100200E.pdf
  6. Danno555

Danno555 Junior Member

Wiring seems correct from the diagram. I'll check the coils next. Thanks everyone...