1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

wires for roof light

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by jlb2500hd, Sep 14, 2005.

1. jlb2500hd

jlb2500hd Member
    from N.Y

I have a 2004 2500hd regular cab, with the plow package, where are the ires for the roof light hidden? thank you in advance for any responses.

2. jglandscaping

jglandscaping Senior Member

Ive got the extended cab and this is what I did. I pulled down the head board on the drivers side (be very carefull not to break those little plastic thingys...onces I located it, I took out the 3rd break light and fished a coat hanger to the drivers side where the cord was (cord is 2 wires taped together...might be in theres a way to but its on the drivers side.) I then taped it to the coat hanger and pulled it through the 3rd break light. I use the trailer connector because they are rubber and will not break in the cold like the plastic ones. I have 2 trucks ,2 light bars, both are magnetic so I can interchange them and also take them off when I do not need them or when Im on the highway (had one fly off this year :angry: .
    I used the 4 way connectors so I could run the roof light and also tap into the cargo light and run the take down lights on the bars (facing rear). If you have any Qs PM me.
    Thanks
    James

3. S-10 Plower

S-10 Plower Senior Member

If you have a Switch for the roof clearence lights it would be located by the passenger air bag switch then the wires are above the headliner the truck comes pre-wired for roof clearece lights when you buy it i just had my dealer check for me because i am looking at installing a set.

hope that helps

Mark.

4. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

JLB
    I have a 05 ext cab. I happen to have the headliner out right now. Since it was out I drilled holes for the factory running lights and added them to my truck. I will take pictures so you can see where the wiring is for your roof becon. It will be thursday early pm before I get the chance.

Regards Mike

5. 99zr2

99zr2 Senior Member

Jlb2500hd the roof becon light wires are located in the headliner. On my 00' GMC ext cab the wires were run up the front pillar on the drivers side I think. They were then coiled up in the center of the cab.
    You will have to remove the plastic cover that goes from floor to roof then you can pull down the head liner just enough to get the wires out. You might have to take the front pillar cover off to. They are a d.brown and a black wire.
    Hope this helps you.

6. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

ON the fullsizers the wire runs Bottom to top in the left REAR
    B pillar NOT the front. The relay is also located there near the
    shoulder belt anchor.

Heavy Brown+ and heavy black- are the wires your looking for!

http://www.gmupfitter.com to publications pg.27 for full info.

Also check out the Beacon wire post in the snowplowing
    discussions thread...............geo

7. 99zr2

99zr2 Senior Member

Your right Sonjabb. Thanks for the correction, left rear pillar.