1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wireless Sno- way plow questions

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by rockytop, Jan 14, 2011.

1. rockytop

rockytop Junior Member

Hey all, Looking for feedback on wireless controlled sno way plows. Yesterday had a wireless remote module replaced. Part alone was $400.00. Ouch!
    Ok here is one my set ups.
    04 Dodge 1500 w/ series 26 poly blade and down pressure. Works amazing.
    This has worked well for 3 yrs then this.
    Can you extend antenna for better plow reaction time?
    Can we get less expensive wings? Seen some and are $400.00
    Dealer explained that since plows use so many amps and the like, that high draws like lights, heaters etc make plow motor and stuff work harder, i get that.
    I was thinking of changing stock alternator of 130 amps and going to the max of 160 amps.
    Also a second battery.
    Any thoughts to help improve this set up?
    I use this truck alot at Costcos where it glides thru their cart corrals easily.
    Outside of hoses and such, does anyone have ideas on emergency parts box of things that might break?
    Whatever input you have would be great.

2. cranky1111

cranky1111 Junior Member
    from 4

beef up the alternator is fine, second battery is better

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Fluid, a 12 volt motor solenoid, some 10 amp fuses, a lift hose, a couple jumper wires, some wire ends, a half inch ratcheting box wrench, a wire tool, a couple of 7/16 wrenches, 3/8 wrench, 9/16 wrench.