1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

wireless remote problems

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by Jason, Dec 17, 2008.

1. Jason

Jason PlowSite.com Veteran

Need some advice or help. My remote doesn't want to work some of the time. I've figured out
    that it does'nt want to work when I have my arm on my center console and it's pointing
    at my heater controls. Does any buddy else have this problem. I have a chev. 1/2 ton
    26 ser. snow- way new this year.

Thanks

Jason

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Call the factory have your control and your and plow serial number handy. Make sure your's didn't miss the last recall.

3. Jason

Thanks Basher I called the dealer they have never heard of this before.
    After this weekend I'm going to take it to them. It's weird.

Thanks

Jason

4. Jason

Just called sno-way and it's not recalled.

5. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

make sure your batteries are good for one.... also the wirless control can have interference with towers is it at a certian spot where it dosnt work?

6. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

why does it say plowsite.com veteran under your name with only 10 posts?

7. mycirus

mycirus Senior Member
    from Mass

His Join Date was 1999. He only posts once a year I guess. LOL

8. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

does the truck have onstar or satellite radio?

Last edited: Dec 18, 2008
  9. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Or under the off topics

10. Jason

No it's not the batteries replaced them a couple times thinking thats what it was.
    I don't have on-star or sat. radio. Theres interference from something. It happens more when the blade is all the way down. Like it won't transmit through the dash.

Don't know why it says plowsite.com veteran. I don't post much but i'm on here
    all the time reading and learning. Great info. This is my first year with a plow I've
    always used a snow-blower.

Thanks,

Jason

11. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Its only a problem at one spot inside of the truck? What is the truck?

12. tjthorson

tjthorson Senior Member
    from IL

I had a problem with my remote back a few years ago. The remote would quit working after a about 10 minutes of plowing. What was happening was as the truck heated up, it heated up the remote casing - and expanded the plastic enough that one of the battery contacts would lose connection. The plastic molding of the battery case (under the cover, black plastic that actually holds the batteries) actually has a lip along the (+) terminal of one of the batteries, keeping the battery "down" and away from the contact - if that makes sense. I used an exacto knife to trim away a little of the plastic - and it has been fine ever since.

Dont know if thats your problem - but it was driving me nuts for a while until i found it.....

13. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I'll keep that in mind, make another note in the book. Thanks for sharing:salute:

14. Plowinpro03

Plowinpro03 Senior Member

god..its very wierd, i seem to be having the same problem...granted i have a 96 tahoe, and i keep the remote on my center con. as well. Seems to "break" connection too. I think im gonna switch to a wired remote, i can't have what happened to me last time........plowing a city lot, back out...was cleared from traffic, pushed bank in..went to lift...smashed into the curve....

15. Jason

Plowinpro03, Thats the same thing happening to me. It can be dangerous along a busy
    road. Do you have the problem when you raise the remote up over the dash or does it
    work fine?

Basher
    the truck is 02 chev 1500.

I hope it works good today we are getting dumped on.

Jason

16. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Try pulling the radio fuse

17. tjthorson

tjthorson Senior Member
    from IL

So... when the remote "quits" - does the light on the remote go out - or flash? Thats what was happening with mine - I finally figured out if I "spun" the batteries around and pushed them "up" towards the top of the remote it would stay on. Figuring it was a loose wire or bad solder joint I took the remote apart. It was then I noticed the one (+) terminal on the battery was barely touching the contact....

18. Plowinpro03

Plowinpro03 Senior Member

I have to hold it by the driveside window, and usally the problem goes away...I thought it was the batteries myself, however that didn't seem to be the case....i love the wirless remote, but i need the speed and reliablility of a corded one at this point...

Nope, bottons are full and bright all the time, other then flashing when i select a command.

19. wkroncke17

wkroncke17 Junior Member

Havin the same problem.....can be VERY frustrating at times!
    Basher, I do have Sirius radio.....is this causing some interference?
    Im thinking of switching to wired also.

20. stangman35

stangman35 Senior Member

I had a wireless a few years ago,never had a problem with it.
    Just bought another sno-way and decided to go wired after hearing about people having so many problems with the wireless.

I went with the wired joy stick,very easy to use,I dont have to hunt for it.And it works.:D

Mike