1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wireless plow controller

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by lazyike, Feb 15, 2013.

1. lazyike

lazyike Member

Why has no plow manufacture come out with a wireless plow controller?? I am sick of wiring the controller into the cabs of the truck.:realmad:

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

SnoWay has them.

3. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

Just one more thing not to work when it is snowing out

4. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

just something else to lose

5. Triton2286

Triton2286 Senior Member

:confused:

I would loose one so fast.

6. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Wireless remotes are like tv remotes and screwdrivers,always disappearing.

7. pabaker66

pabaker66 Senior Member

Like grandview says... They are also 600.00 to replace!!!!!

8. Wilnip

Wilnip Senior Member

Just upgraded my Snoway Vee a couple weeks ago to a wireless. Makes it easier to hook and unhook the plow, but not much different in the cab.

9. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

:confused::confused:I sell the complete kit including pump harness, charger, etc for $569.00 plus $10 shipping. Replacement controllers are mulch less.

10. lawn king

lawn king PlowSite.com Addict

I have never had a wireless fail on me in 10 years! I did lose one, but that will not happen again, as they run about $300.00

11. lazyike

lazyike Member

How in the hell could you guys loose one????? Are your trucks that messy?

12. lawn king

lawn king PlowSite.com Addict

I removed my plow from my truck, and drove off with the remote on the front bumper of my cabover. Believe me its not hard to do when you are overtired! The remotes now sit in velcro cradles in the trucks!

13. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Generally no, but when the truck is my daily driver, plow/salt truck, tow vehicle for my trailer, mobile office, my second home, and taxi for friends, etc stuff gets moved around a lot and it's easy to loose things between the seats, accidentally get knocked out of the truck, someone grabs a coat or something and doesn't realize the plow controller is mixed in and walks off, etc. If it was a dedicated plow/salt truck I would have a tough time understanding how the wireless controller gets lost but when the same truck does many different things I think it would be pretty easy to loose.

14. Sidneyplow

Sidneyplow Junior Member
    from 04330

Can you make a wireless unit wired? Will you still need the black box ?

Last edited: Feb 20, 2013
  15. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

You need to change both control and receiver to go to wired. There is a aftermarket wired control that does not use a "black box" shoot me an email If you want more info

16. Sidneyplow

Sidneyplow Junior Member
    from 04330

im replacing a 96107734 controller/black box..

17. goose06

goose06 Junior Member
    from NE Ohio

I've got one. Bought the kit from Basher. Hooked up and works flawlessly so far. Love it. Whenever I get out of the truck I just put it in my inner coat pocket. For me it beats cutting a hole in the firewall.

18. Flawless440

Flawless440 PlowSite.com Addict

Took the words right out of my mouth

19. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Yeah that radio wave might get pinched, that non-existent plug crushed, those pins that aren't there might corrode, maybe the none-existent harness could drag on the road or the grill plugs that aren't there could rot internally and cause intermittent contact.

20. djagusch

djagusch 2000 Club Member
    from mn

Or the wireless doesn't work and resets everytime the battery voltage gets too low. Or it needs to be paired to the ecu for some unknown reason middle of a storm. Or if left it the truck overnight it needs to be heated to work. Or the ecu goes bad (atleast 5 have gone bad at one dealer due to a bad run of ecu's) and you are completely stuck waiting on parts. Or interfence happens at one guys jobsite so another truck needs to go there.

Corroded wires can be tested, harnesses can be replaced with signs of age, plugs can be reconnected.

No need for special test boxes, boxes with smoke and mirrors, etc.

Would you rather be repairing something that can be seen or tested with normal tools? Or something you can't see and needs a special test box? Talking end user not dealer getting to make money off the work.