1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wireless controller question?

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by wkroncke17, Dec 12, 2008.

1. wkroncke17

wkroncke17 Junior Member

I have a brand new Sno-Way 29" just installed on my '06 Dodge 2500. The plow is great! I'm very happy with the quality, and really enjoy plowing with it!
    I'm not very happy with the wireless controller though. It has a delay, it doesnt work sometimes, and i need to move it around to get it to send a signal, and can be pretty frustrating at times. I went back to the place where it was installed - he told me that 1 out of about 20 people have this type of complaint, and offered to put the wired unit in free of charge - which I might end up doing.
    Is there a trick or any tips to use this or a setting or something different I need to do to make the wireless setup work efficiently?
    - Yes, the batteries are new.
  2. ryanlconst

ryanlconst Junior Member

I have had the same problem with my 29hd plow. I just put it on last week but I am having the exact same problem with mine to a T. I went back to the dealer and he said to take the batteries out of the controller for about 3 min and then put them back in and then reset the computer by crossing over the prongs until the light blinks 3 times slowly then turn on the controller and wait for the computer to blink (or do something I forgot exactly) and then press a function and start moving the plow. He said that from the factory they have several things programed in the computer and you have to clear them all sometimes or it wont work properly. I havent tried it yet but I will tomorow. if it works for you let me know. Thats about the best I can tell you though.
  3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

4. dmontgomery

dmontgomery PlowSite.com Addict

I was having similar problems but it turned out my wireless receiver was bad.......