1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wireless controller box up front finally bit it..

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by Plowinpro03, Dec 8, 2009.

1. Plowinpro03

Plowinpro03 Senior Member

29T Series Plow

Well, i took my plow out of in door storage (moved from my big garage to my house's garage), like i do every year at the end of october.

Everything worked well, so i thought i was ready for the season. I've always maintained the plow well, and do not use it for commercial plowing, just my 3 driveways. Now that the season seems like it want's to start, the module up front doesn't seem like it wants to work. It's a wireless controller, and ive just alway's seemed to have an issue with it every since i bought the plow, my dealer always told me it was my batteries. Also, the fluid reservoir was very low ( I don't think there's a saftey shut off for the plow if the reservoir is low to not allow it to function)?? But, their where no signs of leaking fluid, and it was full when i put it away. (I always take the cover off, and put lithium grease on the connectors when i go to store it)

Well, now it just wont work period. Fuse is good, power is good, ground is good. The box "clicks" when i power up the plow, but when i hit my remote no movement or sound. Also, the green diode light on the module box (receiver) doesn't seem to do anything, doesn't flash, or turn on to indicate anything.

Box also smells like the typical "electrical" burn. So, i think it's shot. Finally give's me a reason to switch to a wired controller.

So, out of all the sno-way dealers on this site, who wants to give me the best deal on a wired controller? PM your prices, and ill purchase it off of the lowest price seller. (Or a better alternative for a wireless). I would go to my local dealer, but id rather give business to someone from this site, that help out its customers rather then having to see my dealer.
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2009
  2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Come on guys....who wants to have a price war:laughing::laughing:

What color coils are on your pump? Do you have a mix of blue and black or are they all black? If they are all black you probably need at least one coil and a receiver module. If you don't change out the failed coil you will be replacing and other receiver whether it's wired or wireless. A failed coil will draw excessive amperage leading to a receiver failure.

Was there a fluid puddle on the floor where the plow was stored?
  3. Plowinpro03

Plowinpro03 Senior Member

Hey, no price war edging here, thats why I asked to send it to PMs, not post it! I'm not looking to go to war, im looking to save some cash whats so wrong with that?

There was no puddle any were on the floor, in any location, so unless it lost it all from moving it a few hundred feet, im not sure were it went?:confused: (I would be able to check the leak, but obviously at this point i cant) The coil's on top are all black, im gonna make an assumption that it would be the "raise" coil that needs to be replaced b/c it's the most often used coil? But, how could i tell which one is bad?

And who's selling me a receiver:D???!!!!!