1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

wireless control

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by fordplowkid, Mar 19, 2008.

1. fordplowkid

fordplowkid Member

Can you buy a wireless controller for any sno- way plow? I have a controller right now that is a big box and want to change it to the wireless or some sort of joy stick. thanks

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

What model plow do you have?

3. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

it sounds like you have the old rocker switches... so no you cant change it to the wireless control.

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

They offered a wireless with the old fenner pump. It was little, OK, a lot different then the one today, but was wireless. I installed one in the late 90's. It was a pricey up grade even then. Not available any longer, no service parts available.

5. fordplowkid

fordplowkid Member

would i still be able to get a joy stick? the controller i have right now is located on the left side under the steering wheel so im either going to move it or move it and buy a new controller.

6. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

If your current plow has rocker switch controls, this would be the only control available for the model plow you have. The wireless controls will only run plows produced after 2001.

7. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Yes I have the Joystick for the Fenner unit in stock, if I remember correctly it will also require a different harness. I will double check that an let you know.

8. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

why do you want the joy stick?
    i like the rocker switches better!...
    JMO

9. fordplowkid

fordplowkid Member

i want the joy stick because i dont know any where to mount my rocker switch. so i was going to put a joy stick on a tower.

10. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Fordplowkid, you have a PM.

11. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

I put mine on a piece of sheet metal and then laid it on the seat and used the center seat belt to hold it in place. A piece of plywood will work too. On my 04 F-250 with bucket seats I put the controller under the front of the console.

12. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

what nice about the rocker switch you can just put it right next to you on center console or on the seat