1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

wireless control for BOSS V?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by bish, Dec 30, 2005.

1. bish

bish Junior Member
    from Indiana

Hey, I was just searching around on Ebay for some used equipment (salt spreader... not that it matters). Anyway, I came across this thing:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Boss...63688QQitemZ8019935068QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

The ad says it's called a "Hydra-V." I've never heard of it. Apparently it's some kind of wireless controller for a BOSS Vee (?!?!). I thought Sno-Way was the only company with a wireless controller? Actually I don't think BOSS makes it, but I can't tell from the ad. Either way, I can't find anything about it on the BOSS web page.

Is anyone familiar with this controller? Or the company that makes it? I'm really curious about this thing...

Thanks y'all,
    bish

2. alternative

alternative PlowSite.com Addict

350???

a bit stteep.. but if it works , that would be sweet. I hate my controller, mostly because the cord tangles.>>>> but i think i will wait until BOSS makes one.

3. c.schulz

c.schulz Senior Member

Sounds great.I sent him an email asking about a straight blade version??

Chris

4. bish

bish Junior Member
    from Indiana

I went back to Ebay to look at the ad again, and when I did a search for "BOSS plow controller" I noticed that there's also an auction listed for one of these modules:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Boss...63688QQitemZ8025207780QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

The reserve appears to be $265, so maybe you could pick one up for less than $349? Although the auction ends in 1 1/2 hours... better get your bids in now! Or wait, I bet there will be another one listed. There generally is when the seller is a business. No guarantee though.

I don't know though... if you're gonna spend the cash for a Boss V, what's another $350? What is that as a percentage of the total cost anyway... me thinks not much. But then, I'm a sucker for cool new gadgets like this, especially *wireless* ones. I think it was all that Star Trek I watched as a kid. :alien:

-bish