1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wired up my backrack

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by kemmer, Nov 24, 2006.

1. kemmer

kemmer Senior Member
    from NJ

Wired up my backrack a while ago and finally got to take some pics. Wired up my code 3 light and 2 floods. I hid all the wires inside the backrack and used 2 prong connectors for all the lights so i can swap or disconnect them in the off season. I also used a 4 prong trailer connector if i ever want to take the backrack off. Then i redid my switch panel.

Picked up my plow from my dads shop and brought it home, so i thought id snap a pic.
    Backrack with lights
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Quick connector
    [​IMG]

2. kemmer

kemmer Senior Member
    from NJ

4 Prong connector
    [​IMG]

Switch panel
    [​IMG]

Control Center
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. c.schulz

c.schulz Senior Member

Slick,
    Where did you get the switch plate and whats that mini screen above RV mirror??

Chris

4. kemmer

kemmer Senior Member
    from NJ

I made the switch panel

1-blue leds
    2-front strobes
    3-back strobes
    4-empty
    5-amber rotator
    6-back floods

The monitor is for a color/inferred back up camera.

5. murray83

murray83 Senior Member

Have a chance yet to light it up?

Looks great I love the large floods and the nice light bar.Nice simple classy set up :nod:

6. troy28282

troy28282 Senior Member

I dont want to get this to off topic but what kind of ipod transmitter is that? wireless? Im looking for something for my truck.

7. kemmer

kemmer Senior Member
    from NJ

ya the lights works pretty well, but usually use the leds and strobes for responding to calls.

Its not a transmitter, its hard wired. heres the site http://www.pac-audio.com/default.asp

8. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

glad to see you did the wiring right i hate wires hanging around looks great

9. amscapes03

amscapes03 Member

looks awesome!!! you should start a side biz doing installs.

10. BlueRam2500

BlueRam2500 Senior Member

Kemmer, your light bar and work lights look identical to my setup. Where in NJ are you located?

11. kemmer

kemmer Senior Member
    from NJ

i was actually thinking about charging to do some installs, i help out my buddies at the firehouse installing there lights some times.

Ya i hate it when people have wires hanging out all over the place.

Im in Haworth NJ 07641

12. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Me too. your setup looks great!wesport

13. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

Looks very good all the way around!

14. Northland

Northland Senior Member

What did you make th plate out of for the switches. It almost looks molded to the console.

15. kemmer

kemmer Senior Member
    from NJ

its the actual panel from the console. If you have the longer overhead console it should of come with one of these blank inserts. you can also order them online. i ordered a couple extra in case i wanted to change it around

16. bowtie_guy

bowtie_guy Senior Member

That is a real nice setup. Professional looking.
    FYI if you look around www.thedieselplace.com you will find there is a company that makes the switch panel for that location inscase you arn't into fabricating. :drinkup:

17. Sciticofarms

Sciticofarms Junior Member

Bowtie_guy could you tell me where to locate that switch panel? I was unable to find it in Diesel Place.:nod:

18. Sciticofarms

Sciticofarms Junior Member

Kremmer - what an awesome job you did! Where did you pull power to the switch panel from? Very impressive work!:redbounce

19. bowtie_guy

bowtie_guy Senior Member

20. TRUE TURF LAWN

TRUE TURF LAWN Senior Member

nice job looks good!