1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wired my truck/Plow no move

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by joehinvt, Nov 17, 2015.

1. joehinvt

joehinvt Member
    from 44004

Hi all...Longtime lurker first time posting... I have an 01 silverado 1/2 ton...I bought a 3 plug four port wiring harness to fit my truck and mm2 plow I have.... Hooked up power,headlights and ground...But NOT the two little wires for turn and running lights...hooked up to the plow....and put power to the fishstick.....When I hit the power button on the fishstick I get nothing...With truck running and all 3 plugs connected the headlights stay on the truck....It's like absolutely nothing is happening! I have power to the controller...I switched module with my yard truck..Everything works on that one....but nothing works on mine.....What the heck is up with that?? where should I start looking ?? I have power... I have ground.... BUT NOTHING does anything plow wise! Thanks for any and all help in advance!!:dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

.But NOT the two little wires for turn and running lights.

I'd start there. Need to have those hooked up in order for the plow to work.

3. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Well there is 3 wires, left, right and running.

You sure you did want you said you did?

4. Jaynen

Jaynen Senior Member

Is the solenoid getting a signal?

5. dieselss

It won't be till the controller "turns on"

6. Jaynen

Jaynen Senior Member

Sorry im not familiar with fisher. Is the fish stick and the controller two different things? Is the problem your having is the controller is not turning on?

7. joehinvt

joehinvt Member
    from 44004

Yes...that is what I meant...I abbreviated...Sorry for the confusion

(I'd start there. Need to have those hooked up in order for the plow to work.)

OH! I just assumed they were for the turn and running lights! They HAVE to be hooked up for the plow controller to fire up and work the plow?? :confused:

8. dieselss

Yes they do.

9. joehinvt

joehinvt Member
    from 44004

OK!! Thanks Dieselss!! If it's really that simple I owe you a beer!! :mechanic:

10. dieselss

Same thing ones a handheld, ones a little box.
    He has no movement of the plow b/c the controller is not turning on due to him not hooking up the last three wires on the install

11. Jaynen

Jaynen Senior Member

Wow i cant believe the turn signals and running lights would cause the plow to not work. Seems like a pretty sketchy system.

12. joehinvt

joehinvt Member
    from 44004

THAT is exactly what I thought...That's why I didn't hook them up...I didn't think having the turn signals or running lights unhooked would affect anything....Can't wait to go hook them up and try it!! I will definately keep everyone posted! lol:D

Last edited: Nov 18, 2015
  13. joehinvt

joehinvt Member
    from 44004

Also...To make this as clear and concise as possible.......The two purple wires are for the TURN signals...one on each side....The ONE brown wire on the drivers side is for the running lights ....And the pinkish red one on the drivers side is for my DRL's....Correct??

14. dieselss

Without loading up the wiring diagram on my phone, I'm sayng that sounds right

15. joehinvt

joehinvt Member
    from 44004

Sweet! Heading out to knock it out in a few...Hopefully be back with results as postive as charlie sheen! lol

16. joehinvt

joehinvt Member
    from 44004

well I hooked up the wires...Still a no go...I have power and ground all over...The little red wire for the controller has power ...Controller wont turn on! Put my other truck on plow and the controller fires up and plow works...switched modules again...plow truck still works my truck doesn't....when do my headlights switch? When the controller turns on or when i plug the plugs to plow? Thoroughly lost.....

17. dieselss

As soon as you plug in all 3 plugs lights switch over.....Do they?
    There's a ground plug that's in the harness that some people leave unplugged, is that plugged in?

18. joehinvt

joehinvt Member
    from 44004

mine don't flicker or anything...is the the single wire plug that comes out of the harness? then yes...It's plugged...I was wondering if maybe the solenoid was bad....But absolutely nothing changes when plugging in plow so now i'm stumped! Searched archives...Saw something about corrosion at the headlight plugs....Gonna clean and check everything again...But at this point i'm stumped...:confused::cry:

19. dieselss

http://library.westernplows.com/doc...ename=22373.07_110108_for_Web.pdf&doctype=pdf

so at the solenoid you have 4 wires, 2 big 2 small. one big should have a jumper back into the loom. correct? red/grn. that supplies power to both fuses and then into the iso mod. plug 1 red/blk red/wht

and both fuses in the plow harness are good and have power correct?

that plug, is it blk/og? and kinda in a round about way near the solenoid?

20. joehinvt

joehinvt Member
    from 44004

Not near the truck now but yes...I believe that one wire IS near the solenoid...And yes to everything else...Two big two small and one jumper on the solenoid...Both fuses have power on both sides....I can't say positively what colors are what tho.... This is a used harness off of the exact same truck and i REALLY checked it out...no broken wires by the plugs and stuff.....i figured it would be plug and play!! Boy was I wrong!!! lol